QUALIFICATIONS OF A DEACON
Please review the qualifications below and prayerfully nominate individuals you would have serve as deacons of Second Baptist Church on reverse side.
- A deacon shall be at least 21 years of age as of January 1 of the year in which the election is held.
- He shall have been a member of this church for at least 1 year as of the day of election. This shall not apply to one who has held previous membership in the church within the last 5 years or someone who is ordained from a sister church.
- He shall measure up to the requirements in I Timothy 3:8-13 and Acts 6:3.
“Likewise must the deacons be grave, not double-tongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre; Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience. And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless. Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things. Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well. For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.”
– I Timothy 3:8-13
“Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.”
– Acts 6:3
- He shall live a consecrated Christian life, bringing no reproach by his conduct upon the church or the cause of Christ.
- He shall regularly attend church Sunday morning and Sunday night, prayer meeting on Wednesday night and special church meetings, unless hindered by circumstances beyond his control.
- He shall be a tither, bringing his tithes and offerings systematically to the church for the Lord’s work.
- He shall be evangelistic and missionary in spirit, deeply interested in the salvation of souls at home and abroad.
- He shall be fully cooperative with the pastor and church in great spiritual program of advancement.
- He shall be a man who refrains from destructive criticism of his pastor and church, willing to settle all difficulties in a quiet and Christian manner, without hurting the cause of Christ and His church.
- He shall be able to keep in confidence those things which should not be discussed with others.
Active Deacons & Years Serving
B.J. Phillips Sam Sinclair, Jr.
Sam Sinclair, Sr.
Submit your nominations below: